Let me tell you a bit more about me. I was born and raised in Spain, and lived in Canada for a year before landing here in London for university.
I will be graduating in June 2019 with an MEng (Master’s) degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering with Management from Imperial College London.
I have undertaken internships in a start-up (Traventia), research (UROP) and technology at an investment bank (Morgan Stanley). I can speak English and Spanish fluently.
As I grew up, I developed an obsession to quantify and compare everything around me. This fascination with data ended up transforming into my two main current interests: statistical models and machine learning.
April 2018 - Present
- Six-month industrial placement in the Application Delivery team
- Created an anomaly detection tool using machine learning to monitor unwanted behaviour in the company’s load balancers & designed an internal web application
- Improved both technical (python, data science) and soft (PM, communication) skills
June 2017 - August 2017
Imperial College UROP
- 8-week research placement supervised by Dr Christos-Savvas Bouganis and fully funded by BP UROP Scholarship
- Optimisation of Machine Learning algorithms applied to Image Recognition using Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
- Investigated accuracy and robustness of CNNs under different quantisation levels
July 2016 - September 2016
- 7-week internship at a tech start-up in the Travel & Leisure industry
- Redesigned and optimised the company’s AWS server infrastructure
- My work reduced the company’s monthly server costs by 40%